Why Katy's Barking Gecko ?!

I love to travel, I love to cook and to try new recipes...

After returning from yet another trip to South Africa I browsed one of my Food Magazin subscriptions and

we started to envision how it might be to have a small, a very small restaurant. Somewhere in Australia or

South Africa.
Maybe 4 or 5 tables.
To be in the kitchen wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops cooking for fun and nice people....

Doesn't that sound great ?!
We even came up with a name: Katy's Barking Gecko

Well there is no restaurant (so far....), but heaps of favourite recipes.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Delicious Chocolate Ice Cream



Well I am not able to eat Ice Cream made with "normal" milk and cream....
So I was looking for a yummy recipe to prepare my own lactose free Ice Cream.
I found a wonderful recipe, easy to make, smooth, not too sweet and  wonderfully chocolaty.
Of course you can make yours using regular milk ;-)



Ingredients

250ml full-cream milk
80g cacao ( I always use Bensdorp Kakao)
1 whole egg
100g castor sugar
450g cream

Method

Mix milk, egg and sugar in a small pot.
Heat the mixture, while stirring constantly, until the whole starts to thicken and you get a nice egg- milk-custard.
Remove the pot from the stove and mix in the cacao.
Stir gently until the until everything is well blended.
Let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
Now stir in the cream.
Poor everything in a bowl and place into the fridge for at least 12 hours or over night.
I use a simply ice cream maker.
Here you have to cool the bowl in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
The next day prepare the ice cream with an ice cream maker (I use a Krups Ice Cream Maker) according to manufacturer's information.
Within 20-30 minutes you get a really delicious ice cream.
You can eat it right away or store it in a bowl in your fridge till you need it.

Enjoy!

You do not have to spend a lot of money to buy an ice cream maker, I found this list with recommendations and prices in the independent:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-10-best-icecream-makers-8688843.html

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete