Why Katy's Barking Gecko ?!

I love to travel, I love to cook and to try new recipes...

After returning from yet another trip to South Africa I browsed one of my Food Magazin subscriptions and

we started to envision how it might be to have a small, a very small restaurant. Somewhere in Australia or

South Africa.
Maybe 4 or 5 tables.
To be in the kitchen wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops cooking for fun and nice people....

Doesn't that sound great ?!
We even came up with a name: Katy's Barking Gecko

Well there is no restaurant (so far....), but heaps of favourite recipes.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend Snapshot No.7




I took that photo in 2005 on the beach in Wilderness/ South Africa.

We stayed at the beautiful The Dune Guest Lodge on Wilderness Beach and had an awesome time there.
Gary prepares wonderful breakfasts in the morning.
The Guest Lodge is right on top of the dunes. You can have a coffee on the verandah outside your room, listening to the waves and (if you are lucky) watching some Dolphins.
We did just that on that afternoon, afterwards we went down the steps that are leading right from the Lodge down to the beach and had a lovely afternoon walk.
The air was a bit misty and created a very special atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. The beach. I really could do with more beach in my life :-)

    ReplyDelete