Why Katy's Barking Gecko ?!

I love to travel, I love to cook and to try new recipes...

After returning from yet another trip to South Africa I browsed one of my Food Magazin subscriptions and

we started to envision how it might be to have a small, a very small restaurant. Somewhere in Australia or

South Africa.
Maybe 4 or 5 tables.
To be in the kitchen wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops cooking for fun and nice people....

Doesn't that sound great ?!
We even came up with a name: Katy's Barking Gecko

Well there is no restaurant (so far....), but heaps of favourite recipes.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekend Snapshot No. 30



Scan from slide, way before digital photography...

I wish I could show you the interior...
The cinema has got no roof and you are sitting in deckchairs underneath the Australian sky....

The Sun Pictures in Broome Australia is the World's Oldest Picture Garden. Est 1916.

Guinness World Record 2004
Category - 'Oldest open air cinema in operation'

Here is more to read about the history of the Sun Pictures.

Have a look at the photo of the interior of Sun Pictures in the 1950’s, when I visited in 1999 the "interior" still looked like this….

No comments:

Post a Comment