Why Katy's Barking Gecko ?!

I love to travel, I love to cook and to try new recipes...

After returning from yet another trip to South Africa I browsed one of my Food Magazin subscriptions and

we started to envision how it might be to have a small, a very small restaurant. Somewhere in Australia or

South Africa.
Maybe 4 or 5 tables.
To be in the kitchen wearing t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops cooking for fun and nice people....

Doesn't that sound great ?!
We even came up with a name: Katy's Barking Gecko

Well there is no restaurant (so far....), but heaps of favourite recipes.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Omas" Butter Cookies



My Granny’s Butter Cookies

Telling you that I do not have a sweet tooth I suddenly realize that this is already the second "sweet" post within a couple of days....

Ingredients:

500g flour
200g sugar
375g butter
1 egg
1 packet vanilla sugar
1 pinch baking powder

Method

Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
Mix all ingredients,make a nice and smooth dough and allow it about 1 hour to rest.
Form long rolls of approximately 2-3-cm in diameter. Cut the rolls into slices about 1cm thick and put these "coins" on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
The cookies are getting bigger, so leave enough space between them.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

These are my favourite Christmas- cookies.
Christmas just is not them same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment